Since 1982 the water power system at Camp Mill has been progressively restored. After the dam leat and millpond had been rebuilt, the wheel-pits and tailrace were re-excavated.
In 1986 a reproduction twelve-foot-diameter overshoot wheel was installed in one of the wheel pits. Modern materials and methods have been used to build a wheel similar to one of those which was removed in 1922.
In a concrete housing next to the water wheel is the Francis turbine which was used to power the sawmill machinery. Although it cannot be restored to working order it will be left on display in situ.
[ Home page ]
Page Design by Forest
Copyright ©1999 Forest Web