Mary Magdalene, Hewelsfield
This is a very unusual church built on Saxon foundations,
situated within a circular churchyard which contains
a 1300 year old yew tree.
The basic structure is shielded by a long stone roof
which extends from the ridge of the Norman nave to within
a few feet of the ground.
The squat tower has six bells, one of which is the
oldest ringable bell in the Forest of Dean dated to
1450. The entrance porch has a hermits room and has
a primitive sundial. The upper part of the twoer has
Services : 11.00am Sundays
Rev. David LawrenceTelephone: 01594 530345