Cleeve Orchard Cider..
Artisan maker of Little Owl cider from the last orchard in Ross on Wye
Gallery 54 - Ross on..
Contemporary abstract art, ceramics and glassware
Highbury Coach House in the Forest of DeanTwo spacious apartments in Listed Coach House, with games room and garden. Excellent views over the Forest of Dean and Severn Valley. Ideal walking and touring centre.
Contact InfoVisit Website | Email
Phone: 01594 842339
Anthony or Inez
Nearby ChurchesThe Parish Church of St. Mary:
The large tower and steepling spire of St Marys church are visible for a good distance from the town of Lydney. This large church is mostly Early English, with the tower, aisled nave and chancel dating from the 13th century. The east window and that in the south aisle contain Early English stained glass, whilst in contrast, in the north aisle is a modern window showing the Franz Joseph glacier in New Zealand. This was given in 1941 by Lord Bledisloe to commemorate his tour of duty as Governor of New Zealand.
The Church is mentioned in 13th century documents and was built in the Early English style, as was Lydney's Preaching Cross. Its monuments and inscriptions show the influence of the Bathurst family on the town from the 18th century to the present day. A full history and description of the church has been written by R A J Bell.
The daughter church of St Mary's is at Primrose Hill, erected in 1933.
In even more recent times, the Catholic Church of St. Joseph has been built at the foot of Highfield Hill.
There are also Methodist, Baptist and United Reform Churches in the town. Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /var/www/vhosts/fweb.org.uk/httpdocs/classes_system/generaldata.class.inc on line 613