The earliest record of St. Andrew's church at Woolaston
is in 1131. However, the old circular churchyard and
the nearby Roman Road which ran just to the north-west
of the church suggest a much earlier holy site. The
Tower was originally a low one with a short wooden steeple,
but following the granting of a faculty in 1774, it
was completely rebuilt.
Church Records for family historians